Tuesday 24 March 2020

Ethical consideration with online teaching

Due to the Covid-19 many dance classes,singing lessons etc are now being taught online. This comes with a whole new set of ethical considerations. I am currently making dance tutorials for the students in my primary school.
Here are some of the things I have had to consider...
-I have chosen to pre-record my videos and upload to you tube and create a link which can be shared. If I was to do a live tutorial I would need to ensure that there is an adult with the child as soon as the session would start for safeguarding. I would also need to ensure there is someone on my side of the camera and I would have to record the live session. 1 to 1 tutorials are not advised.
-My link is not on public viewing it is only for those who have been given the link. I have set it for 'Childrens viewing'. I have also underneath the video stipulated that an adult must be present, the floor space should be clear of trip hazards and we should be wearing shoes or bare feet NO SOCKS!
-Music choices, ensuring these are appropriate.
-Ensuring my language is suitable.
-Ensuring the space I am using is clear of hazards/ anything inappropriate or unprofessional.
-Ensuring I am wearing appropriate clothing and look professional.
-Ensuring the Web platform I am using is free of charge.

I hope this is helpful for others who are doing similar tutorials. If you have any extra guidance and advice please let me know!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment