Sunday 27 September 2020

Questioning my Questions- Skype Wednesday 23rd September 9pm

On this Skype we all shared a little something we are looking at in our module or something we are figuring out. For me it was looking beyond written sources for my literature review and research in the area of embodied learning.

The topic of questions was discussed, questioning your questions and your assumptions. I started to think about the questions I'm asking the internet...'what is embodied learning in primary education and why is it useful?' 'How much dance is in the PE curriculum?' And so on.... I am now questioning theses questions. All of my questions are actively looking for the positives of this area of learning. I now need to question why the education is the static system that it is? How did these come about? What are the positives of this formal type of curriculum delivery? 

2 comments:

  1. HI Kate-annes.
    I really enjoyed reading your post. I missed the call unfortunately and i am still deciding what question/questions i should be asking. i feel i am confident on not finding an answer but looking for more questions.
    ive my professinal practice atm is a bit all over the place that is why i am finding it hard to find one topic to discuss and look into. i've done a mind map and that seems to have helped. is there anything you suggest? anything that worked for you?
    Hope you are well!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Don't think of your practice as just one thing it is everything you are practicing and working at a the moment so can be numerous different things. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete